Summer Hair and Skin



Summer Hair and Skin

The biggest topic of discussion in the chair for the past couple of weeks has been ….. Should I color my hair right before a beach trip? How do I protect my hair color for the sun? How do I protect my hair from the chlorine and salt? How do I protect my hair and my child’s from turning green? What is the best type of sun screen to use for my face? 


 Should I color my hair right before a beach trip?


YES!!!! You should not put off your color appointment before the beach or any vacation. We live in a selfie world, and you want to look your best for all those pics you are going to post to Instagram, Facebook or Snapchat.


Next is how do I protect my hair color for the sun?


We at Jon Chelle’s recommend you use AVEDA Color Conserve Shampoo and Conditioner daily for color protection. Also use Color Conserve Daily Color Protect leave in conditioner after shampooing because it will protect your hair. I also recommend that you use Color Conserve Strengthening Treatment once a week, or every third shampoo.


Color Conserve Shampoo and Conditioner will help keep your color vibrant longer, while gently cleansing hair and adding shine. 


Color Conserve Daily Color Protect helps seal in color for up to 6 weeks and adds moisture and shine. 

You can also use Color Conserve Strengthening Treatment to deeply nourish color treated hair and help with strength and shine. We recommend that you use this once a week or every third shampoo.



How do I protect my hair from the chlorine and salt? How do I protect my hair and my child’s from turning green in the pool?


I have a solution for that too. AVEDA SUN CARE line!!!!!!!!!
 

Sun Care hair and body cleanser removes chlorine, salt and product build up from hair and skin.  It will help maintain moisture and balance in the skin and hair. 


Sun care after sun masque restores sun-exposed hair and helps moisturize and condition hair.

And last but not least Sun Care protective veil has UV filter helps protect hair and scalp form sun exposure and helps make hair water resistant.


I also recommend that you wet your hair and apply color conserve conditioner to hair before you get into the pool, ocean or river. This will help the hair from absorbing the water and causing discoloration. (Just ask yourself what absorbs more water a wet sponge or a dry sponge?)






What is the best type of sun screen to use for my face? 

Lets talk about what we can do to protect that pretty face…. 

AVEDA has given us Daily Light Guard, a fabulous light weight daily sunscreen for your face, neck, and I use it on the tops of my hands too. This sunscreen is sheer, 100% minerally-derived and plant derived pollution defense. And when it says sheer it means sheer, this product is so light and gentle! 

I have very sensitive skin and eyes and I use this when I am out and about daily. I apply it on top of my All Sensitive Moisturizer, then I apply AVEDA dual foundation. It works like a charm. 



Okay so to protect your hair use Color Conserve daily. When you go to the pool, beach or river, use the Sun Care line to protect your luscious locks from the sun and to nourish after sun exposure. Before you leave the house in the morning, be sure to apply daily light guard to protect your pretty face from the harsh summer sun. 

I hope that I have helped clear up some of the sun related questions that you might have. If you have any other questions, please contact the Salon and we will be glad to help you. 

Thank you and have a great day!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts